Facebook has invested in artificial intelligence for moderation of a large number of accounts since it becomes difficult for the company to moderate each and every account. In a blog post, Facebook's vice-president Ajit Mohan revealed that Facebook wishes to fight election interfaces ahead of general elections in India. The program is already in action, with around one million accounts being removed everyday which are found to violate the company's rule against misinformation, voter suppression
- Facebook will use artificial intelligence (AI) to moderate a large number of accounts which cannot be moderated alone by the company.
- Facebook has removed around one million accounts with the help of AI.
- Ajit Mohan, Vice-President of Facebook India said that AI has helped Facebook to “identify abusive or violating content, quickly locate it across the platform and remove it in bulk."
- Ahead of the elections, the propaganda machines of both the opposition and the current government are said to be spreading manipulative political messages.
- Facebook is also using automaton to combat automation used by political parties.
- The company has also set up fact-checking cells and election-type war rooms to check on the spread of misinformation, and as part of their measures in India, they have also set up offices in Singapore and Dublin to promote better communication between their headquarters and Indian operations.